Pattern: Sloan Tutorial
Pattern Details: Measurements for top/tunic/knee length/maxi skirt. There are also different measurements for different types of straps, both skinny and wide.
There’s also instructions for shirring in the pattern incase you don’t know how. Plus tutorials on how to do a slit and ruching for the sides.
Was this pattern easy to follow: Yes! There was never a point where I wasn’t sure what to do next. There are plenty of pics to help you through, but really you might not need them!
What did I like/dislike about this pattern: I love the versatility of the pattern. The navy floral dress was size 2 while the orange dress was size 20. So, if your on the fence about what size to make~ it’s hard to go wrong! This orange dress is a bit loose and I plan on adding straps later, but it stays up. Basically, the larger sizes will give a fuller dress/skirt/top.
I added ruffles to the navy floral dress. So easy, just measure the length you would like them and do a 1:1.5 for length. I did 2, but you can add as many as you like.
Really, I would recommend using the measurements as a guide and let you imagination take over. You can make any length of top/dress/skirt you desire.
Put slits in like I did. The black/pink dress has 1 and the cream/black skirt has 1 on each side.
For the black/pink dress I used some sort of rayon fabric. It is super flowy and I love wearing it. I always thought I was a cotton kind of girl until now! This was fun to wear.
This navy/floral dress was made with a heavy woven cotton. That is why I made such a small size. I wanted to make sure it would stay up! The belt helps.
Finally, this orange dress. I made it out of a woven cotton. I love the print. That’s why I made such a large size. I wanted to use as much as possible!
Pattern alterations/design changes: None. Just customizing the fit/length to suite my needs & likes.
Again, black & white or color? It can be so hard to decide sometimes!
I had fun making this dress and doing the photo shoot! Can you tell?
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I also made a pink top. I’ve been into up-cycling lately so I made a top version for myself out of one of my husbands white undershirts! That didn’t come out right, I only have one husband but he has many undershirts! I dip dyed it pink when I made the Elisa top for my daughter. Exciting stuff! Plus, I have another sheer fabric to make another top. I’m thinking halter straps. That’s what I’m going to do with the orange dress.
And, if you have a mini me Lynn also has a dress called Cassandra for girls to match.
And, (LOL!) head over to her blog to enter a raffle copter drawing for 2 of her patterns~ your choice!
To head over to her blog and shop click the Bebelambs logo on my sidebar! Sorry, I couldn’t get my link inserts to work for me today! If your mobile, scroll down and it will appear, eventually!